Friday 17 July 2015

halacha - Must I check the kashrut certificate every time I visit a bakery or restaurant?


Say I visit a bakery, restaurant, jail, hospital, or nursing home. And say I already know that the food there is kosher. Must I still check the kashrut certificate every time I visit?


(Gershon Gold, thank you for inspiring this question.)



Answer



Generally (at least here in Israel) they have it on display so generally I would think just noticing that it is still there and not expired should be OK.


EDIT: In many towns in Israel the certificates change color every quarter, so you can often tell if it is up to date just by the fact that it is the correct color


No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...