Saturday 25 July 2015

matlab - Convert normalized frequency to real frequency in AR model


Let us suppose that we have modeled signal using AR model, and suppose we have following model:


enter image description here



I used spectral estimation function from MATLAB


pyulear

Now frequencies are given in normalized frequencies and I would like to know how to convert them back to real frequencies? From there it is clear that we have four deterministic model and also plus some white noise, actually I want to know approximate frequencies in each deterministic model. I can of course determine this frequencies using FFT, periodogram and so on, but I am studying application of the AR/ARMA model. So in my case, I have such frequencies on following figures, how can I determine actual frequencies? Thanks in advance.



Answer



Matlab generally uses normalized frequencies in radians/sample. If the signal is real-valued then these frequencies are in the interval $[0,\pi]$ (as you can see in the plot). The Matlab frequency variable $w$ is normalized as


$$w=\frac{2\pi f}{f_s}$$


where $f_s$ is the sampling frequency. So $w=\pi$ corresponds to $f=f_s/2$.


No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...