Friday 17 July 2015

halacha - Can Jews be buried in the fetal position?


A friend of mine recently showed me this video describing a method of burial where the deceased's decomposing body is used to nourish a growing tree. In theory, I don't see any obvious halakhic issue with it. The one issue that I'm not sure about is that the person is buried in the fetal position. I am not aware of any halakhic issues with this either, but it is obviously not the current norm.


Is burying someone in the fetal position halakhically problematic or should it be permissible?




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...