Thursday 8 September 2016

everyday chemistry - Sensitive test for lead in water?


Some of my friends are in Flint and I'm horrified by their situation. I would like to learn how to test for lead independently.



After all if you can't trust the state sending them water to test is not sufficient. The testing procedures I have read about give too many type II errors. A procedure with a bias toward type I errors would be better since then I could pay a professional lab to see if it was real.


For tests that only detect high levels of lead, could they be made more sensitive by evaporating the water then testing a larger sample?




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...