Sunday 6 September 2015

grammar - What does this としています express?


For full context: https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20180127/k10011304581000.html


The sentence in question:



厚生労働省は「人手不足や景気の回復を背景に、留学生のアルバイトや技能実習生の活用が進んでいる」としています



My attempt at translation: "Concerning the ministry of health, labour and welfare, they decide that the application of foreign students side-jobs and technical trainees for the labour shortage and support of business recovery is voluntary."



I asked about a lot of と constructions recently and Im already a bit paranoid that I stumble across the same mistakes again, but I cant help it. I think that I got it right here, since I looked up "to decide to" on jisho and I think that it fits the context. But Im not sure ^^ A と B する means "make A into B", as far as I remember, so this one "to decide to" is kind of contained in this more general interpretation. But nevertheless, Id like to confirm wether I got it right.^^




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...