Tuesday 29 September 2015

translation - How would you express the sentiment of "Happy New Era"



Something like 良いお時代を。? Or would you specifically say 令和?


If not that, what would be a literal English translation?



Answer



Good afternoon, I was curious as well as what would be better to say so I looked online to see what Japanese people were saying about the new era. No one really said congratulations or happy new era, but I found one blog where the writer said something like "Congratulations for the new Era, 令和!"
She wrote:



令和、[新]{あたら}しい[時代]{じだい}の[幕開]{まくあ}けおめでとうございます!




Here is a link to the posters blog where I found this sentence.


Hope it helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...