Monday 31 October 2016

halacha - May a non Ethiopian Jew celebrate Sigd?


Ethiopian Jews recently celebrated their festival of Sigd, which involves reaccaptence of the Torah, communal fasting and feasting, and prayers.


Is it acceptable for someone of a Minhag other than that of the Beta Israel/Ethiopian Jews to celebrate Sigd? I ask because it is a holiday that doesn't exist outside of all non-Ethiopian traditions, but also doesn't conflict with Jewish beliefs. I've been in Israel during Sigd (though I wasn't this year), and wondered about "joining in" with my Ethiopian friends when they celebrated.


Obviously CYLOR, etc.




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...