Saturday 29 October 2016

product recommendation - Can I get the Rambam's correspondence with the French rabbis online?



I recently read an article by Rabbi Yaacov Schwartz in the Journal of Halacha and Contemporary Society (Fall 1988) titled "Jewish Implications of Astrology." In the article, he quotes the Rambam in the letter he wrote to the rabbis of South France. Rabbi Schwartz also quotes one Alexander Marx, who discusses this responsa in Vol. III of HUCA (1926).


Can I find these letters online?



Answer



It turns out that the research I did before asking this question was simply too good.


Marx reprints the letters at the end of his article (starting at page 343), which is available online for free through JSTOR.


No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...