Tuesday 25 October 2016

digital communications - Isn't Gardner's algorithm and Early-Late gate the same thing?


I'm reading about some symbol synchronization methods and I find these two (ELG and Gardner) very similar.



Early-Late gate takes 2 samples, one at $t=T-\delta$ and the other at $t=T+\delta$, then from that you get the timing error; Gardner takes also 2 samples for $\delta=T/2$, one at $t=T-T/2$ and the other at $t=T+T/2$.


I can't really see the difference between these two, although there must surely be a few. Could someone explain that to me?


Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...