Monday 5 September 2016

How can I design Nyquist interpolation filters with the Parks-McClellan algorithm?


We can easily design interpolation filters that obey certain frequency-domain constraints using the Parks-McClellan algorithm. However, it's not immediately clear how to enforce time-domain constraints; in particular, I'm interested in generating Nyquist filters. So if I'm oversampling by a factor of N, I want the filter to have zero-crossings at kN, for non-zero integer k (this ensures that the input samples to my interpolator will appear in the output sequence).


I've seen Harris1 talk about a technique for designing half-band filters, i.e. the special case where N=2. Is there a general solution for this? (I know that we can easily design filters with the window method, but that doesn't give us the same control.)


[1] Multirate Signal Processing for Communication Systems, pp. 208-209




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...