Thursday 17 December 2015

halacha - Can the entire succah be constructed by a Gentile?


In many shuls, I see that the hired Gentile custodian constructs the entire succah including laying down the schach.


I understood that some part of the succah must be done by a Jew - at the least, laying down the schach. I also understood that the Shehechiyanu brachah said during the first night Kiddush is partly for the mitzvah of constructing the succah.


Can a Gentile construct the entire succah? Is he considered a shaliach mitzvah? (I gather that a Gentile can never be a shaliach, as he is not obligated in this type of mitzvah, anyway.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...