Friday 18 December 2015

image processing - Detecting Central Axis (petiole/rachis) of a Pinnated Palm


I'm new in StackExchange and I'd appreciate some help. I'm working in an algorithm for detecting "aguajes", a particular kind of palm. So far, I got good results using a texture feature extractor and other characteristics, but the main problem is that I can't difference between an "aguaje" and other palms (mainly pinnated palms) because the texture is very similar.


1.AGUAJE AGUAJE


2.Pinnated Palm enter image description here


I see that the main difference in the second one is the presence of a Central Axis (also called Petiole or Rachis). The question is "How to detect it?". I mean, if I'm able to detect the presence of a Petiole, I'd be able to distinguish between this two types of palm. I think color is not an important issue because even when there's no color (gray image), we can discern where is located that Axis.


Thanks in advance.




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...