Sunday 2 October 2016

signal analysis - Why do we get ripples in the frequency spectrum of a chirp, and how do I remove it?


The ripples in the amplitude spectrum of a linear spectrum is undesirable. I desire to obtain a flat spectrum response. Hence, how can I remove these ripples? Also, which factors (like time bandwidth product, chirp rate) are affecting the ripples, and how?



I designed a chirp with a frequency from 10 to 90 Hz in MATLAB. However, I obtained Fresnel ripples (which normally occurs) in the passband, along with overshoots at the band edges. I need to study the application of chirps on a material and use it for defect analysis. For this, I need to optimize the whole energy applied to the chirp. Hence, I want to get rid of these ripples. So, what parameters like chirp rate and time of sweep will affect the system?




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...