Tuesday 3 May 2016

fft - Filtering with STFT


I have sucessfully implemented a STFT (+inverseSTFT with perfect reconstruction of original signal, with overlap add, etc.) in order to work on audio files.


Using this STFT / iSTFT framework, I have tested :





  • Basic "noise reduction" algorithm that works by spectral subtraction of a noise template -> it works very well !




  • Hi-pass filtering by zeroing the lowest bins (or, better idea : multiplying these lowest bins by a smooth window, like Hann). It works (the filtering is good to my ears), but the spectrogram is not what I want :




enter image description here


I would prefer (for the low frequency 0hz-300hz) something like :



enter image description here


What should I do in the STFT array in order to do a good hi-pass filtering? (i.e. having a clean spectrogram in the low frequencies like the second picture here)


PS : here is the STFT scheme I use in Python : http://pastebin.com/MdycVLQk




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...