Saturday 28 May 2016

Is there a different meaning for ごちそうさま!


I have posted a "status" on Facebook:



Dear santa, I would like for you to bring him for christmas



My boyfriend commented:




Your Wish is my command!



And my Japanese manager (from our office) commented:



ごちそうさま!!



In this case, what does ごちそうさま!! mean? I think it is definitely not the meaning "Thanks for the meal".


So, are there any other meanings of ごちそうさま!!



Answer




Yes, there is! Primary use is the one you are already aware of. ごちそうさま is also used after hearing something lovey-dovey like your boyfriend's "your wish is my command".


No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...