Saturday 17 October 2015

messiah - Is Solomon wiser than Moshiach?


I read in Chapter 3, verses 11-12 of the Book of Kings (which I think is in the Nevi'im) the following:



And God said to him, "Because you have asked this thing, and have not asked for yourself long life; neither have you asked riches for yourself, nor have you asked the life of your enemies; but have asked for yourself understanding to discern judgment. Behold, I have done according to your word; behold, I have given you a wise and understanding heart; so that there was none like you before you, nor after you shall any arise like you.



(Source here, emphasis added)


Does this mean that there will never be someone as wise and understanding as Solomon, including Moshiach?





No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...