Saturday 31 October 2015

usage - Are there any Japanese words as versatile as "fuck" in English?



I was wondering about this one recently. "Fuck" in English is famous for being applicable in a wide, wide range of circumstances (none of them formal).


What word in Japanese covers a wide spectrum of possible meanings and uses like "fuck" does. Does not have to be a rude/vulgar term.


Any suggestions?


EDIT: half of you seem to have missed the point of my question. I don't need a translation for "fuck", I want a word as versatile. Maji is pretty good but I would've thought there'd be more contenders. Admittedly it's a vague question, but one for my izakaya zatsugaku collection.



Answer



I am surprised nobody mentioned: マジ ("maji")


Only used as an adverb, with the meaning of "fucking", for instance マジ寒い for "fucking cold".


Combinations can be done: チョウ寒い、マジで!


No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...