Sunday 8 May 2016

minhag - "Shmubrokhts" - Gebrokhts vs. Shmurah matzot during the week


While shopping in my local store last year during Hol Hamo'ed, I saw a brand of cakes called "shmubrokhts". Being curious about this interesting name, I realized that this was essentially gebrokhts made from shmura matzah.


I eat gebrokhts during Pesach. But, perhaps I am misunderstanding the concept of this "shmubrokhts" vs. "regular" gebrokhts.


My understanding is that those who don't eat gebrokhts have a minhag to intentionally eat this on the last day of Pesach. Do those who do not eat gebrokhts also have the mionhag to eat ONLY Shmurah matzot during the week and vice versa (those who eat shmurah only also do not eat gebrokhts), or are these completely separate minhagim? Essentially, beyond the clever name, I'm trying to determine if this concept is necessary or is this just a marketing "gimmick"?




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...