Friday 8 April 2016

protective casing - Mezuzah Case Materials?


I am looking into buying and installing Mezuzot on and in my home. I am wondering about the different materials available for the case, as I do not want to the outdoor mezuzot scrolls to go bad. Any suggestions for the out door ones? What do you use and how well did it hold up?



Answer



Assuming that you are referring to the mezuzah case, rather than the mezuzah itself, I have heard from my sofer, R' Melech Michaels that the ideal outdoor case is either made out of lucite or white plastic, as these keep out a fair amount of moisture and do not conduct heat as well as some others. At my house, we have a ceramic case and the mezuzah is still kosher.



No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...