Monday 18 April 2016

organic chemistry - Diffusion/Streaky bands on TLC plate


These days I am working on a research project where I am supposed to run TLC for samples which are wax extracts from coconut butten nuts using chloroform as the solvent. All the samples have been concentrated to 10% from its original volume. I recently run a TLC for a sample using hexane(90%):diethyl ether(7.5%):acetic acid(1%) as the solvent system (this solvent system has been used to run similar wax extracts). But my TLC run resulted me very diffused streaks having some curves towards both the sides of the tlc plate. Can anyone tell me why this happens??enter image description hereenter image description hereenter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...