Saturday 23 April 2016

expressions - How can I express "you make a.../you'd make for a..."?


Do you know the English expression, "you make a"?


It's pretty simple:



You make a fine wife.



It might be more correct as



You'd make for a...




but they're tenses are different then. I could be using it incorrectly, but that's okay.


I saw my friend in a red cloak-like jacket and wanted to say, "you make a cute Red Riding Hood" or "you'd make a cute Red Riding Hood", but got hung up after かわいい赤ずきんに. I was thinking なられる。 But it didn't feel like what I wanted to say.


Is there a similar expression to what I was thinking?



Answer



You make a fine wife.
「君はいい奥さんになるよ」/「君はいい奥さんになれるよ」
You'd make a cute Red Riding Hood.
「かわいい赤ずきんになれるよ」


No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...