Friday 29 April 2016

audio - Equal power crossfade


I am working on an audio system where I need to implement an equal power crossfade between two signals over a specified number of samples. Initially I implemented a linear fade but this creates a dip in the middle of the crossfade which I don't want. I tried a few other methods that I found on Google but they either make a dip in another part of the curve or even make the sound louder.


If I have float samples ranging from -1.0 to 1.0 and I want to crossfade between them over the course of x samples, keeping the perceived volume the same over the entire crossfade, what would be the correct formula for calculating the curve? Preferably I want to have a value like 0.001 represent the minimum level that the fade in starts at and the fade out goes to. 1.0 should be the maximum. Thanks in advance for any advice!




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...