Tuesday 19 April 2016

halacha - Borrower loses one item of a set or pair - what do they pay?


If I lend out a pair of items, and the borrower loses one, are they required to pay the estimated value of the object lost, or the replacement cost?


For example, suppose I lent out a pair of Walkie Talkies, and one was lost. Does it make a difference that Walkie Talkies are usually sold as a set, and are furthermore generally useless when you have only one?


Would it make a difference if I had two sets, so rather than going from 2 → 1, I've gone from 4 → 3, so that the returned one isn't, in the end, useless to me?





No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...