Sunday 11 October 2015

halacha - Is it more preferable to pray with concentration alone or with a minyan in shul?



There's a בית כנסת nearby that has מנינים every half hour between 6:00am until 9:20am. There's another one that has two מנינים, one at 6:40am and one at 7:40am.


The בית כנסת that goes later has one problem for me: people tend to be מתפלל loudly and pace around, both of which I find distracting.


If I'm running late (that's, ready to go after 7:40am) am I better off being מתפלל at home or go to shul and put up with the disturbances? Please cite halachic sources. (I'm pretty sure the משנה ברורה discusses this pretty early on.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...