Thursday 24 November 2016

tefilla - Davening with a Minyan in China


I regularly travel to China (and other countries) for business purposes. I know there are other Jewish travelers who do the same which I sometimes meet on the way. I think that if we have the right system in place we could easily daven with a minyan. However, it is difficult to reach out to each person and make the right connections so everyone is at the same place, at the same time.


Is there anything that can be done to automate this process?




Answer



I don't know if there's such a system available at the moment but I came across a project on Kickstarter [ JPal ] that aims to automate this process.


According to the developers people can create a minyan "on demand" and have users who plan on being in the area notified of the new minyan. The app tracks participants in real time and displays all the relevant information to potential participants.


Here's a screenshot of the app:


JPal APP - Minyan On Demand


I know that in the past there were some other websites that performed this functionality but they are no longer working at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...