Sunday 20 November 2016

halacha - Nature of restrictions on passing during niddah


I was taught before I got married that passing during niddah is strictly Assur. However, Upon looking into it I found that it's not mentioned in the gemara in berachos that is the source for most of our Harchokos. It seems Rashi was the first to be makpid on it. I believe the Rambam makes no mention of it.



I have heard two reasons why it's assur to pass: You may touch her. Passing leads to closeness.


I would like to know:


A) The earliest sources for it


B) Is it Halacha? Minhag? Chumrah?


C) Are there any circumstances where it doesn't apply?


P.S.- Some of you might say "C'mon passing is the easiest Halacha to keep." I find that it's one of the most "annoying" to keep as it is constantly coming up. Especially in public or when eating a shabbos meal out.




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...