Friday 4 November 2016

grammar - Use of と and meaning of 色々 in this sentence



I came across a sentence and was wondering what the と in it functions as, as well as the exact meaning of 色々



色々とお母さん、 言いたい事が溜まってるの



The context is that a high school boy has been doing things that his mother disapproves of, and his mother has been tolerating them but one day told him to sit on the floor and said the sentence above.


I'm thinking that it's quoting the mother's thoughts, and that an unspoken あって follows と. Furthermore, I'm thinking that the 色々 is there to remove the need of completely telling what happened along with the feelings the mother may have and just say "various things".


My translation is: "Various things (many things along with her feelings/opinions on them unspoken) happened and I have a lot of things I want to say (lit. things I want to say are accumulating/piling up)"


Is this correct?
If it is, can あって be replaced by 思って, making the sentence to mean that she has been thinking on various things instead of various things happened"?




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...