Sunday 17 July 2016

resources - chart for interrogative words



I have been looking for a comprehensive chart for interrogative words and their altered forms. But unfortunately I haven't been able to find one yet. So I thought maybe someone may have already come across one here, since there are a lot of people online.


I'm not sure if I see the whole picture clearly when it comes to interrogative words, mainly if we use their altered forms. Such as



何 - what...?


何か - something


何も - nothing


何でも - anything/everything


だれ - who...?


だれか - somebody


だれも - nobody だれでも - anybody/everybody




And in the case of だれでも, we can even say だれにでも, right? Which means "not to/for anybody" or "to/for everybody".


In addition, if I remember correctly if I use negative verb form with だれも, it means nobody; while if I have a positive verb form, だれも carries the meaning 'everybody'. Then if I say だれにも, its meaning can also differ according to that. Is it right or I am just confused?


So this topic seems to be very diversified. If somebody has a comprehensive chart for these words, I would be very grateful if I could see it, since there are so many interrogative words.




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...