Wednesday 20 July 2016

matlab - How to remove heart beats interference from pectoralis major electromyogram?


I am using electromyography to detect activity on pectoralis major, however I found an interference from heart beats that is affecting my posterior analysis. The sampling rate is 2000 Hz, and the time of sampling is 150 s. The main signal is the muscle activity as the arm moves (four major big masses in the figure, between $-2*10^{-4}$ and $1*10^{-4}$), and the interfercence can be seen in the figure below as pulses at constant rate on values between $-5*10^{-5}$ and $1*10^{-5}$: Pectoralis major sample


For comparison, I provide a figure of another muscle's (Deltoid) signal , without the heart interference:


Deltoid sample As I don't know much about filters, I would like to ask for advice on how to remove the heart interference from this signal. Specifically, some directions on how to do it on matlab or R.


I can not use methods to record simultaneously heart and pectoralis major signals, since all individuals have already been sampled.



I found some papers addressing this issue, but I'm not able to implement the suggested solutions. For example:


Removing ECG noise from surface EMG signals using adaptive filtering


A sample file with this data is available here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...