Thursday 28 July 2016

technology - Why do music tapes and CDs warn about playing on Shabbos?


I have seen written on almost every music CD and Cassette Tape that I have in my house the line:



Please do not play on Shabbos and Yom Tov




I've always wondered if this is really necessary. Does not having this line make the seller an accomplice to the one who transgresses on Shabbos?


More importantly, though, how did this practice originate? Last time I bought a chicken at my local butcher, I don't recall seeing a sign "please do not cook on Shabbos". Actually, I don't remember seeing this anywhere else. So why music?




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...