Wednesday 2 December 2015

Talmud Study, Where to start



I would like to start to study Talmud, BUT do not know how, where to start. My Jewish training is basically non-existent. I learned how to read the Hebrew words in the Siddur, Machzor, and Chumash - - - But do not know what they mean unless I read the translation on the adjacent page. AND then I only understand the meaning of the whole and not the parts. I sort of learned to daven when I said Kaddish in honor of my Dad when he died twenty-five plus years ago. I continue to read. I continue to seek out info and I am much more knowledgeable than many Jews I am around and in contact with. I still want to learn about Talmud and learn what is in it. HOW - WHERE - WHO do I learn??




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...