Wednesday 4 November 2015

How to remove gaussian noise and poisson noise?


I want to remove the noise gaussian and poisson noise. But I'm unfamilier with noise remove methods but from my understanding it's similler to average filter which is median filter. But I want to know exactly how to remove those kind of noise.



My interest is in image. And I think that if I make an image with gassian noise +poisson noise then I have to use two remove stages. But I'm not sure whether can I use just one median filter to remove all noise or there are especially methds in there.



Answer



If you want to remove noise from an image corrupted by a mixture of Poisson-Gaussian noise (e.g. low photon counts lead to a Poisson noise component, and detector noise gives the Gaussian component) then there are couple of options:




  • Apply a variance-stabilizing transform such as the Anscombe Transform to essentially make the noise Gaussian, then use any technique for additive Gaussian noise removal. A good example is Optimal inversion of the Anscombe and Generalized Anscombe variance-stabilizing transformations, Mäkitalo & Foi (2014), paper and code




  • Work with the Poisson-Gaussian statistics directly. For example, Image Denoising in Mixed Poisson–Gaussian Noise, Luisier et al. (2011), paper and code are available.





No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...