Thursday 2 April 2015

What will happen if I put this chemical into my water tank?



There is an 8000 liter water tank on top of my house which provides water for the house.


Bacteria, fungi, algae, etc often start developing in the tank, giving unpleasant smells, etc.


This chemical seems to be chlorine based. According to the bottle, the composition is:



Sodium hypochlorite 5% max.


Sodium hydroxide 1% max.


Amine oxide 1% max.



I'm thinking of maybe putting 50 ml into the tank about once a week.


Nobody is drinking or cooking with the water. It's used for stuff like laundry, showers, washing dishes, etc.



I know it seems like a strange idea, but I live in the countryside in a developing country and it's not easy to find stuff here.


The water is ground water that we pump up there with our own pump.


What's gonna happen? Should I decrease or increase the amount? Or drop the idea entirely? (And maybe do something else?)


It's very hot here, maybe 40 celsius in the shade. This tank is in the baking sunlight.




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...