Monday 27 April 2015

experimental chemistry - Uncertainty Equations Confusion


I am confused about the uncertainty equations calculations.


If I have the equation X1 * Y1 = X2 * Y2 and I want to find the uncertainty of X1 , I convert the equation to X1 = (X2 * Y2)/(Y1) . Now, I would know how to calculate the uncertainty if it was a straight division or multiplication uncertainty but this equation is both. How do I go about calculating the uncertainty if the equation contains both multiplication and division? Do I just do the multiplication uncertainty first and then the division uncertainty?


Thanks any advice is appreciated.




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...