Monday 13 April 2015

grammar - Usage of の as nominalizer


Cheers.


Some days ago I've been trying to get used in how to use の as nominalizer, but I cant get it even yet.


I cant get the part where の changes the sentence into a noun.


e.g



ブログを読むのが好きです



My problem is. How do I should take ブログを読む when nominalized? I think is (To read a blog), so (I like to read a blog) is what I figured out. My question. To read a blog is not a noun, so how can I take it in English?




彼が来るのを知っている



Same here, 彼が来る is also not a noun but because of the の particle I have to take it as it. so (he comes), (I know he is coming). But still have the same problem and my head blows up!. I don't know how to take it in English or how to translate it in English.


彼が来る means he comes, but if add の, 彼が来るの, what does it became. How is translated.


I hope you can understand my problem and help me, I'm really confused and really frustrated with all this. Thank you in advance for any help you can bring me :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...