Tuesday 3 November 2015

matlab - How can I calculate the Expectation for a particular known vector?


Let us say I have a row vector $X = [x_1, x_2, x_3, \ldots, x_n]$ and another row vector $Y = [y_1, y_2, y_3, \ldots, y_n]$. I want to check whether the two vectors are statistically independent or not.


Now two vectors are said to be statistically independent if $E(X Y) = E(X) E(Y)$, where $E$ is the expectation operator.


So how would I calculate the expectation value for each of the concerned vectors?


Thank you for your suggestions - I'm really new to statistics.




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...