Friday 23 December 2016

minhag - Where should the stone left on a grave come from?


I will be traveling for an unveiling soon and intend to leave a stone at the grave. Since I will be traveling I have to ability to bring the stone from where I live or to find a stone near the cemetery (there is a rocky river across the street from the cemetry.)


Are there halachic or minhagic opinions about which is the preferred option, to bring a stone from my home or to use a stone local to the cemetery?



Answer



Nitei Gavriel Aveilus2 67:20 only mentions placing a stone or some grass on the gravestone. There is no mention of a preference as to where the stone comes from. This leads me to believe that there is no preferred option.


No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...