Sunday 26 June 2016

て form - て形 to express 原因・理由, as opposed to から


Im having so much troubles trying to find a good explanation on how to use the て形 to express a cause, I saw that its more natural to use when the second part of the sentence is either a potential form or volitional, so I came up with the sentence :



喋らなくて練習できない。



Which sounded a bit weird to me and I had confirmation from a friend that it was better to use 【から】 here...


I have no trouble understanding this form when its used, but sometimes when I use it myself it doesnt feel right to my ear and often feel like I should use 【から】 instead of the て形



Here are two sentences :



車がなくて行けない。


車がないから行けない。



I asked him how he sees those two sentences and he said that the first sounded more like a condition than an explication of "why I can't go".


I really like to fully understand things but here I must admit I have no idea how this should be understood, like how japanese people understand those sentences and the nuance, and how you would translate them...


Thanks




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...