Monday 20 June 2016

fft - Remove a known wav file from recorded file


I looked at many similar questions but still cannot find an answer to my problem.


I'm playing an audio file N, while recording a man talking (b). The problem is that the microphone gets the played sound N together with the man talking, b. so actually I have y=N*+b in my recording, where N* is the played sound with a short time delay and a bit noise (due to the recording and the phone speaker).


My goal is to totally remove the N* from the recorded file. It seems like an easy problem cause I have the original played file N, but I find it more complicated.


What I tried:



  1. finding the delay between the N and y, invert N and add to y. Seems like it's not working and the result is even worse probably because N* has different amplitudes and a phase shift.


  2. Tried the same thing but subtracting in the frequency domain between y and N. Still no good.


Any suggestions?




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...