Saturday 16 April 2016

words - How can I improve my Japanese vocabulary, grammar, and listening skills?



I consider myself at a lower intermediate level. I want to improve my Japanese vocabulary and grammar in order to expand my reading and speaking skills. I know enough Japanese to get around and have a small conversation. However, reading grammar books is not cutting it and I dont feel like making flash cards from index cards with vocabulary to memorize (though if it's necessary, I will).


Eventually, I would love to take the JLPT. For now, the only thing that is helping me a little bit is listening to music in Japanese and looking over the lyrics. I came to the point to replace the lyrics from romaji to kana and kanji. I sometimes try to read news articles in Japanese as well. "Thinking" in Japanese grammar certainly helps a lot. Somehow, if I listen to music and repeat the lyrics over and over again to myself, I begin to know their meaning. When I was a kid, I know realize the meaning of Japanese children's songs I've been singing.



What do you suggest?


PS: as a funny note, upon waking up one morning, I was thinking of this person I really like(ed) and somehow, my mind said 「I miss your 事」because I could not find any other way to express this feeling in English (or my native language).


Thank you!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...