Wednesday 4 January 2017

software implementation - Why can Quadrature Demodulation demod a Frequency Modulated Signal?


I use a Quadrature Demodulator in my SDR application, which is defined as:



$\angle (S_n, S_{n+1})=arctan(S_{n+1}*\overline{S_{n}})$


So practically its amplitude is the angle between two Samples $S_n$ and $S_{n+1}$ where $n$ refers to a position in a sequence of complex values of I and Q. $\overline{S}$ be the complex conjugate.


I understand that for Quadrature based modulation the phase-changes contain the information. But why can I demodulate frequency-modulated Signals with a Quadrature Demodulator. This modulator is often referred to as FM Demod. Can somebody explain me why that is?


Best, Marius




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...