Friday 6 January 2017

filters - Compute the time derivative of a noisy digital signal?



The issue is that my signal is very noisy. I need extract its time derivative as accurate as possible. P.S. I do not have any prior knowledge on the signal (black box).


On forums some suggested Savitzky-Golay filter.


Any idea please? If so, is there any c++ library for the purpose?


In fact, for my application I need to compute optical-flow like information for control purpose. I compute an estimate using image information. Then I need to compute the time derivative of this estimate.


4th order Savitzky Golay filter introduces delay, yet I need the output in real-time (real time control). For info:



  • The signal is regularly sampled;

  • The noise is not defined but bounded;

  • The output needs to be real-time: delay-minimal;

  • The signal is black box: I only get a measure each iteration.



enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...