Tuesday 2 August 2016

Learning Hebrew on my own?



I am trying to learn Hebrew on my own. I currently am not in a position to be attending Hebrew classes, and I tend not to do so well in a classroom environment. I wish to learn biblical Hebrew primarily; I don't have an immediate interest to learn modern Hebrew.


I've taken a few basic Hebrew classes so I know my aleph-bet well enough, but I haven't been able to bridge the gap to basic reading. I picked up "Learn Biblical Hebrew" by John H. Dobson and its a decent book but as soon as I get beyond the obligatory aleph-bet chapter I feel like I'm missing something.


Any advice or insight from those that have done this? I've looked at this question but I don't think I'd say I have "decent Hebrew knowledge" quite yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...