Thursday 3 March 2016

writing printing - Quadrant based layout for the Yerushalmi


If one goes through the citations in the Milon Even Shoshan, one might see references to words from the Yerushalmi with attribution like this:


image of relevant text from the dictionary


Please zoom in and look at the entry for pileish, on the last line of the right column of page 1298. The reference is to ירושלמי סוכה נג ד


The amud is "dalet". I had it explained to me that an early printing of the Yerushalmi was in 4 columns so the citation for amud is to the particular column.


However, I vaguely recall a Yerushalmi in which there were quadrants on the page. I don't know if I am remembering some version of the text described in this question, or it there is another layout of the Yerushalmi using quadrants which specifically explains the aleph-dalet amud references. Does anyone know of a quadrant based layout specifically for the Yerushalmi?




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...