Friday 18 March 2016

translation - How far can a word be away from another and still modify it - 歪み 並ぶ 使い捨てのレール


I was translating this song (full lyrics here) and I ran across this phrase:



歪み 並ぶ 使い捨てのレール




I was thinking that it would make sense if 歪み modified レール - "We chose (in the song, they are on a train, so I believe that the general feeling is that the train is doing this action) to go down the warped, obsolete rail" would make sense to me. Does that work? Despite 並ぶ between them, can 歪み be modifying レール? It was the only way I could make sense of it, but maybe I'm wrong.


Thank you for your help!




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...