Monday 4 January 2016

purim torah in jest - PTIJ: Should I kill my computer after installing software?




Shemot 22:17 says that a wizard should not live.


When I buy a new computer or if I've inherited a computer and I install new software, it frequently involves a wizard to set it up or install it. What should I do with this? The software package doesn't show the wizard or mention anything about it. Otherwise, of course, I wouldn't have purchased it because I'm not supposed to trust in wizards.


But, now that I'm about to install it and the CD or the download process has begun, the wizard is now on my computer. Should I kill the entire computer? Should I kill just the software itself? What's the proper halacha, here?





No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...