Saturday 8 August 2015

translation - Translating a sentence with 恋 and 愛


The sentence is:「『恋』じゃないかもしれないけど 『愛』ならあるよ」


I tried looking up the difference between 恋 and 愛 , but I feel like I still don't have a complete grasp over it.



A temporary translation I have is: "I might not be in love, but maybe I can learn to love you." I got it from the idea that 愛 focuses more on the person who is the object of your love, while 恋 is more on the feelings you have for the person.


If anyone could help me with my lacking understanding, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...