Monday 24 August 2015

clothing - Why did Israeli sportsmen keep their hats on during their national anthem?


Last year I was at the international softball tournament and I noticed that players from Israel took off their baseball caps during the other teams anthems (as is common courtesy), but kept them during their own national anthem.


I have wondered about it for a long time.



  • Were the sportsman obligated to remove their hats to observe the custom of the others?


  • Did they keep their own hats out of a personal choice, or a religious obligation?


I'm concerned that this question might be inappropriate for this site or unanswerable at all, but I am really curious about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...