Friday 28 August 2015

analytical chemistry - What is the proton NMR spectrum of p-methoxyphenol?


https://i.stack.imgur.com/dUZss.png


I think there will be two pairs of doublets, since the hydrogens adjacent to the $\ce{OCH3}$ and those adjacent to the $\ce{OH}$ group will be in different environments. The answer, however, is that there'll be a singlet for 4 Hydrogens.


To give some context, I am extremely unused to the proton NMR of benzene derivatives, and any (introductory) links telling me a bit about it would be appreciated. I'm aware of the theory behind NMR spectrosocopy, the 'n+1' rule, and the ways to tell if two Hydrogens are magnetically equivalent.




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...