Sunday 30 August 2015

digital communications - Fractional spaced equalizer + timing (clock) recovery


I am trying to figure out how timing recovery is used after equalization (or, being more correct, when the equalizer is in the timing recovery loop), having a T/2 fractional spaced equalizer and using the Gardner algorithm as timing error detector. The usual situation is to have the equalizer output at 1sample/symbol, by having downsampled, or combining the outputs of the even and odd filters. The latter is my case (case (a) in figure). But Gardner algorithm works at 2samples/symbol, so I wonder what I must do with the samples coming out from the even and odd filters. Must I multiplex the outputs of the two filters so I have a 2samples/symbol, as depicted in (b)?



(a)conventional situation, (b) equalization+time multiplex. + TED at 2 samples/symbol


Regards,




No comments:

Post a Comment

readings - Appending 内 to a company name is read ない or うち?

For example, if I say マイクロソフト内のパートナーシップは強いです, is the 内 here read as うち or ない? Answer 「内」 in the form: 「Proper Noun + 内」 is always read 「ない...